Sands Tasmania aims to:
• facilitate the normal grief process for the newly bereaved and for parents whose natural grief was denied appropriate expression at the time of their baby's death
• change the community attitude and associated practices that fail to recognise the death of a baby as a real loss, legitimate to mourn
• encourage research into the incidence, cause, effects on the family and methods of preventing and alleviating associated problems with the death of a baby.
The objectives of Sands Tasmania are to:
• Provide support and understanding to bereaved parents and relatives whose baby has died
• Assist bereaved families who are suffering, distressed and disorientated due to the death of a baby.
• Provide education of health professionals, employers, and the community at large about the needs of bereaved parents.
This has been achieved by establishing a statewide network of parents who volunteer and are willing to provide support to others also bereaved.
Volunteers convene Sands parent support groups and coffee mornings in Tasmania.
Sands Tasmania Administrative details:
Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Support Inc. (Trading as Sands Tasmania)
Sands Tasmania is an incorporated organisation in Tasmania. SandsTasmania is a registered Charity: 58236321371
Sands Tasmania is a member of the Sands Australia National Council, ABN 47 437 480 296 For more information on Sands Australia follow this link
Sands Tasmania is a registered charity. We receive no State or Federal government support. Funds are raised through membership fees, tax-deductible donations and fund-raising events.
PO Box 114, Claremont Tasmania 7011
Join our online support community